York: Television shows

So, I watched the most awesome tv shows tonight. The first was called "Splits" or something like that. Basically two ppl hand over the titles to their cars to these grease monkeys, who then turn their cars into street racers... these are crappy cars, mind you, to begin with. Anyway, after their cars have been souped up they race each other and whoever wins gets both cars! Can you imagine me racing my taurus? I can... I'm not sure if that's how the show is every time, or if there are different challenges based on the show, but it was awesome. The second was "Pimp up my Ride... UK" except this time they called it "Pimp up my Riot Van"... they totally took a riot van and pimped it up w/ a sweet sound system, recording room, music system etc... not so smart idea though, the van was for a charity working w/ at risk youth... that thing is gonna get nicked (as my British friends said). Anyway, was cool.

Question/comment: So, ppl here are super conscious about the environment, free range chickens, recycling, organic foods, whole ingredients etc etc... then why, I ask you, are fruits and vegetables shrink-wrapped in non-recyclable plastic and plastic containers, or sold in "ripe in the basket" non-recyclable plastic boxes? Don't get it, seriously... but hats of to them for trying, right?

2 comments:

Outstanding Cooks Series said...

It's fun to read your blog, Rosalie. Your house-mates sound like a riot.
Love, Mom

adam said...

I love that you used the word "nicked", awesome!