So, I arrived in England this morning at 8:25 and have been fighting to stay awake ever since. Of course my welcome came complete with loads of rain and so now I am cold, tired and just hanging out in my new room... which is huge for a dorm room. I will post pictures later. Anyway, as for my first day, I got to my room without too much trouble, went shopping for bedding, looked for a lamp for my room, looked for a door mat and looked for lightbulbs... all I really got was bedding and food. It's been an adventure. People say crazy things like the guy in the check out stand who kept saying things like "this fetter cheese is beautiful, just beautiful... the tomatoes really bring out it's flavor" and "this is a pretty classy shop, eh?" at that I just stared at him and wondered "Is he calling his shop classy?" then I realized that I think he was talking about my choice in food... haha! I just stared at him blankly and we both felt awkward. hahahah! Oh, and there was the little kid who was walking with his mum who (talking about the rain) said "I really don't like this weather" as if he had never experienced it before.
Ok, so culture shock is taking its toll and the honeymoon stage is not lasting long, but that could be because I slept about two hours in the last 24 and am a little out of my element... tomorrow will be better! Tomorrow on to finding a bank account and figuring out what is required for orientation. I think classes start on Wednesday but I'm not really clear on that, I guess I will find out... here's to being an international student in England, a dream come true... but a slightly irrational dream at that. :) Take care, love...
No comments:
Post a Comment