York: Day 9, Sports Pub

England! England! England! Won 3-0 vs Belarus in the sixth qualifier for the 2010 World Cup. I found a pub on the way home and noticed they were advertising the game so I got some girls to go back with me, it turns out that we picked the WRONG pub... nobody was there and it was totally lacking the "sports pub" atmosphere, but it was royal. Else, today we had a library tour, price checked and Sainsbury, took a nap and read more in the Da Vinci code. It was a long, tiring day. I tried to go to institute but couldn't remember when it was and the bus wouldn't come so I went to the pub instead... classic. :)

1 comment:

Outstanding Cooks Series said...

Nice blog! I keep forgetting you have it. So I just got caught up. Funny you said Ripon, I think some of yoru ancestors may have either come from there or lived there.

My grandpa Sharp (Silvanus Timotheus) was from Hollym, out near that little pointed piece of Yorkshire that sticks out into the sea. As a boy, whenever there was a storm, he'd go out to the beach and salvage stuff from ship wrecks. He worked in Hull as a dock worker before he got married and came to the states.