Where the woodbine twineth and the wangdoodle mourneth for its mate, my life wanders on.
York: Youth Outreach Center
Last night I went to the dedication of a small room in our ward building that is going to be used as a Youth Outreach Center. Basically, some general authorities visited the British Isles within the last few years and said that a huge majority of the growth in the church will be in the age group 18-30. So stakes all over England are starting these centers. When we have more people we will get a building closer to the Univeristy where ppl can stop by and chill, sort of like an institute building in the United States, but for right now since we are just starting we just have a room in the ward building. It was pretty exciting to go to the dedication. I thought that one time 50 years from now when this center is booming I'll be able to look back and say "I was at that dedication meeting" and maybe there will be a stake history or something saying who was there. Anyway, it felt important, and I was glad I could go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment