SO... I spent an amazing day in Wales. We went to two little towns near Snowdonia. Don't ask me to tell you where because I have absolutely NO idea what they were called. At the first one we just wandered along a river and had a marvelous time relaxing. It was beautiful. We climbed trees, I walked on rocks out in the middle of the river and we took tons of pictures. At the second place we walked up to a water fall and took more pictures and then down to a castle keep from like the 1200 or something? I don't remember. Right before we got there and climbed to the top someone had decided to urinate there and it stank like something awful. But the pictures were and are GRAND. Funnily enough I found a postcard in the nearby town of a woman with her son standing on a drawbridge. The kid is asking where daddy is and the mom tells him "he went in search of a loo" only to look up at the top of the castle tower in the background and see a single stream of black dots ejecting from the "tower" into the moat... it made me wonder if peeing from the tops of things is just a thing guys like to do? I guess it doesn't surprise me. lol Anyway, If you are my friend on facebook you can probably see a bunch of pictures there and I will try to post more soon. However, tomorrow I am off to Dublin and I am super stoked. Our plans include: St. Patrick's Cathedral, Newgrange, a trip to the archaeology museum to see the bog bodies, cheap souvenirs, and free tickets to the Guinness factory. It's going to be the best time ever. That's about 4 life-time goals all rolled into one, including the point that I am finally going somewhere I haven't been before! Life does not get better than this. I will report later. Love and kisses...
Rose
1 comment:
You need to go to Tintern Abby the next time you are in Wales!! It is gorgeous!!
Post a Comment